Ranked as one of the best courses in Denmark Simon’s Golf Club is now looking forward and making a huge investment in their 27 holes.
The major re-model project will allow the course to meet the golfing challenges of tomorrow whilst also rectifying the “wear and tear” that has occurred over the years and equally important is that the course will be prepared for the major climate changes that we are facing.
A strategic review of the bunkers has been carried out to ensure that they are in the right position from a playability point of view to make the course even more exciting for our members and guests.
A contract has been signed to redesign and upgrade all the bunkers with a Capilliary Concrete liner and a shallow Durabunker edge.
Besides the bunkers a lot more work is planned: run-off areas will be created around the greens, tees enlarged, lots of extra drainage and an upgrade of the irrigation system will be installed.
All to ensure that the course can meet the players expectations and cope with the extreme weather conditions we are experiencing.
- Work is expected to start on April 1st.
- The work is expected to last 12 – 14 weeks, finishing in July
- During the works we aim to have 18+ (4-6) holes open every day.
- As soon as the work is finished on a hole it will become playable, but with the newly turfed areas roped off.
- We expect to be able to remove the ropes quickly as the turf should root quickly at this time of year.
- However we will have to see what the weather brings!