The Changing Climate
- More drought and more heavy rain.
- Contaminated sand
- Eroding edges
- Impaired drainage
- Strategic placement for todays players
Solution – Rebuild the bunkers with a Capillary Concrete Liner and a Durabunker edge.
- Increased issues with local wet areas around some of the greens.
Solution – Install drainage and esure that there is enough room for traffic.
- Too dense woodland areas.
Solution – Thin out the woodland areas to ensure that the landscape values are maintained as well as the playability.
- Uneven tees
- Insufficient height of tees
Solution – Re-level tees and raise the ones that are in need thereof.
- Modernisation/replacement of original tee sprinklers on A & B
- Installation of additional irrigation sprinklers for better coverage around greens complexes and foregreens
- To make it possible to carry out repairs and upgrades quickly and with the right turf.